11.03.2013

we decided we love moving so we did it again!

 
are we crazies?  yes the answer is yes. moving is the worst thing ever.  it took me about six months to recover from moving last year and that time it was SO EASY!  change turns me into a completely insane lunatic. i used to love it so much, and now it takes me months to fully process and absorb what has happened. 
As soon as we'd made the decision, which was very hard to come to since we were so settled and comfortable where we were, our land lady informed us that she was going to be needing us to move anyways.  My sigh of relief could be heard around the block. That's because my sigh of relief came in the form of scream sobs.  I know! I'm so insane! It was the craziest thing...I didn't feel God pushing us toward staying or moving.  So when we did finally decide on moving I was just sick about it for days. So unsure, so untrusting. Okay God, geez, we'll just make this decision without you then! 

i was so relieved that we had made the right choice. it was so clear that God had paved the way.

Why did I think for one second that He wasn't there? 


Why would I think...having been a firm believer in walking with the Spirit since I was just a little girl, that He wouldn't guide my family? 


(oh my gosh, wood paneling and orange trim. for reals!?)

He was. He is so faithful.  It was and still is a hard transition. Partly because I should be in a mental institution and partly because it Just. Was/Is. Hard. Farmhouses are a crap ton of constant work.

 my husband has been such a soldier throughout this whole move. working on the house, building a chicken coop, stacking wood, building fires, fixing, um, everything.  all this from the type of guy that would much rather live in a brand new development home somewhere. i am thankful every day for the work he does for quinn and i both at his actual work and at home.

really though, i just love it here.

and im so grateful for Gods provision and the help of our amazing friends and INCEREDIBLE family that helped us move and work on the house.

we are far from finished. im sure houses this old just never will be.  

and that's okay.

its full of lessons, projects, crazy smells, wolf spiders, mice, draftiness, entire unfinished rooms, loads and loads patience, but tons of special memories have already been made in our short time here. i am so excited for more to be made and i always feel so blessed to be living this dream, even if its a borrowed one. someday we'll own our own dream. until then, we'll learn the lessons God has for us here and i will love it and be grateful for it every minute....even the insane ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment