2.04.2012

1 year

it's a little late but this past sunday was my blogs one year birthday!  go blog!  let's be honest.  i blogged like three times.  meh, i don't care.  i of course wish i had documented more, but i'm glad i at least did the few that i did.  this year i'll do better.    ???   will i?   we'll see. 
 i had a magical birthday AGAIN!  i'm so blessed all the time. the fam came up, trav came over, we ate dinner at Graces 5 in redmond which was a REAL winner and i'm not being sarcastic,(sometimes when i say 'a real winner' people think i'm being sarcastic so i decided i should start clarifying). it was really delicious and really healthy and really expensive but worth it i would say.  well, sigh, i would say that since i am not my dad who footed 75% of the bill...and i'm not matt who was not thrilled with his order but i tell you what, my macaroni and cheese with 4 different types of goat cheese blew my brain.  the entire place is dairy free, gluten free, soy free, low sugar, local, and organic.  for people like me, it was heaven. for people like matt, and probably travis, it was torture.  sorry guys, my birthday only happens once a year. 

quinn loves chais more than he loves most people
you know how last year i got pheobe?  my specTACULAR sewing machine.  i love her.  the year before was my vita mix.  i love her too.  so this year for my big christmas/birthday/valentines gift, i asked for a camera.  matt blew me away, above and beyond, he's my most favorite person. the folks went in on it too.  i got a nikon d5100.  it's so complicated and there are so so so so many buttons and options but it's really fun and i've been having a blast photo documenting my adorable son with something other than the dang phone!  thank you family, thank you matt! 

okay last but not not not NOT least.  my actual birthday was sunday and fancy dinner happened saturday night.  so sunday morning i was planning on going to the tacoma home and garden show with some of my most favorite people, lindsey greene and melissa soon-to-be knox.  so i wake up looking beautiful, like usual,(no makeup, crazy hair, jammies). i loaf around the house, open some prezzies from the parents, and SURPRISE!  melissa, linds, and kyle knox come marching into the house with a happy birthday sash, (homemade by miss lindsey), presents, and fancy birthday breakfast!!  katie(travs girl), trav, the folks, melissa, linds, and kyle, all squished into my tiny house, cooked breaky, complete with heart shaped butter, and drank coffee.  i just can't think of a better birthday morning than that.  


we don't do any meals without ironed cloth napkins if linds is involved
trader joes best kept secret...instant coffee.  it's SO GOOD

heart shaped quinoa breakfast bars that linds made...they ruined me...so tasty!





matt is still working on focusing...notice the blurry group of friends that love each other, and the clear, perfect flowies?

THEN! we went to the tacoma home and garden show!  they had a great vintage section for the first time this year, which was the real reason we went.  we got tons of wedding inspiration for someone specials wedding...like we needed more??!!  apparently we did!  thank you friends for such a fun day.  





it continues?  YES!  i got home and matt was baking me a cake because he loves me and is happy i was born.  he doesn't actually say things like that, but he knows when he should, so he does nice things for me instead.  i do love it...but it sure is unfortunate that my love language is WORDS of affirmation, and his is ACTS of service.  sigh.  marriage.  anyway, i finished it up for him...he baked the cake part of ooey gooey butter cake, (which i've renamed almond perfection because i add about 12 gallons of almond extract to the batter and frosting), i made the frosting, and we invented a new filling....raspberry buttercream, then we put one candle in it.  kendra and matt sang to me, and we ate cake while i opened my last presents.  kendra and travis got me some vintage pyrex to add my growing collection.  i love love it. best. birthday. ever. and i said that last year. 


it is important to note that katie day (travs girl) made me this for my birthday out of a cabinet door, vintage knobs, and wine corks.  yep.  i love it.  someday this will be one of those things that i pin from my own blog so that she can make them for people and get paid millions of dollars. 







No comments:

Post a Comment